Being Inspired or In-Spirit in Your Life and Work
Many of us claim to have a spiritual path and for some that consists of going to a place of worship once a week. For others it might be reading spiritual literature and starting the day with an affirmation, meditation or inspiring quote. Still others practice various rituals that might occur daily or on specific religious holidays.
by Cheryl Vallejos, CPBA, CPVA
Yet, how often do you integrate what inspires you and what you consider to be in spirit or spiritual into your daily life? If you're like most people, you probably answered, "not very often." It seems that most of us isolate our spiritual beliefs and spiritual practices from the rest of our life and our work. Can you even imagine how your life and work would be different, how our world would be different if Spirit was part of everything we did?
What does it mean to be "Inspired" in your work and your life? Initially, each of us has to define what 'Inspired or in-spirit' means to us. For some it means adhering to ancient religious customs and beliefs, while for others spirituality is a way of being, a belief that we are truly spiritual beings living in a human form. That encompasses the belief that we are more than just physical, but that we exist on other energy levels. Each religious organization has further definitions as to what that means specifically.
Next, in order be inspired or in spirit into your life, you would bring some of the energy you experience when you practice your particular path into everything you do. Here are some suggestions as to what actions you can take and what benefits you will derive. Feel free to come up with your own ideas and try them out to see if they make a difference in your work, your life and the life of everyone around you.
- Focus on your inner being - We are so outer focused in our work and our lives that we often forget we each have a rich inner life. You know that world-the one that provides you with crazy dreams, wild fantasies and deep thoughts. Find whatever way works best for you to take 5 minutes every hour to quiet your mind and focus inward. You will bring a greater sense of peace and focus to all you do.
- Stay in the moment - We tend to spend a lot of time thinking about the past and the future, but the truth is that the present is the only real time. Remembering to gently nudge your thoughts back to the here and now whenever you find your mind wandering will give you a much better appreciation of what you are experiencing in each moment. Affirmations, which are statements of truth expressed in the present tense, are a practical device to bring you back to the NOW. For a great affirmation program go to www.energyofthemind.com/products.html.
- Listen to your inner guidance - We all have hits of intuition or gut feelings from time to time. However, that inner voice gets stronger the more you listen to it and acknowledge it. Wouldn't it be great to tap into it for inspiration, creativity and getting through tough challenges? It's like having your own inner search engine that taps into the inline Internet rather than the online one. Since we are all connected spiritually, our inner resources are unlimited.
- Tune into the peaceful center - We each have a deep core of peace within, beneath the outer chaos of our professional and personal lives. It is a place where we exist as human beings rather than human doings. In that quiet pool is the essence of who we truly are, where we get a glimpse of our true nature. Tap into that pool when life gets crazy by quieting the mind in whatever way works best for you, and come out refreshed.
- Develop a regular practice or tool - You might be more comfortable writing in a journal than meditating, but having some practice or tool you can use to connect with the deeper, quieter part of you is helpful. Suppose you are stressed during your work day and have to deal with a seeming insurmountable problem or make a huge decision. Find someplace quiet, pull out your journal and write until a solution surfaces. The more you practice, the easier it will get and you will always be amazed at what wisdom emerges from your unconscious mind.
- Get clear on your values - Many of us write out our goals, our values, our purpose or our personal and business missions, and then put the lists away. Take these lists-or if you haven't compiled them, do so-and put them where you can look at them every day. Living from your values and your purpose in your work and your life is one of the best ways to bring who you truly are and what you stand for into everything you do.
I hope you have been inspired by these ideas and are ready to make TODAY the day you bring Spirit into your work and your life for a richer, more rewarding experience in everything you do!
If you would like assistance and direction in living a more inspired or spiritual life, you might benefit from the support and guidance of a professional coach. To find out how a Cheryl can help you feel more inspired and bring spirit into your work and your life, contact Cheryl@PrimeLeaders.com or call (520) 730-4456.
If you are interested in products that will help you get more inspired and get better and more results, please check out the affirmations at: http://www.energyofthemind.com/products.html
Affirmations will help you spend more time accomplishing your goals instead of more time handling challenges and problems. You'll discover more peace of mind, joy in your life and continued success.
The customized CD is available in your choice of topics:
Cheryl Vallejos is a certified in Law of Attraction practitioner who imparts her wisdom on attracting happiness, success and prosperity - mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Cheryl is author of "Injecting the Juice into Leadership" and "Time on Your Side" is a professional business coach and consultant with over 22 years experience in business leadership. She works with professionals who are ready to attract more success, happiness and abundance in their life as they combine The Law of Attraction with business building techniques. Click here to sign up for the FREE electronic book,"Using the Law of Attraction for Personal and Professional Success" or contact her for more information: Cheryl@PrimeLeaders.com
Prime Leaders - It's Prime Time for Success!
Personal Growth & Development
The Law of Attraction Made Easy
Your Spiritual Journey
Transform Your Life